Corbin's Treehouse - Corbin Dunn, Santa Cruz, CA
Plug Bug
Treehouse
Photography
Videos
Projects
Unicycling
About

Archive for July, 2010

Plug Bug: With the hood

I ordered the wrong seal for the hood, but I finally got the new one and stuck it on. The car is looking great! It looks really high in the rear since there is no engine or batteries in; those will make it sit lower. The front is lowered, but it will also sit lower when there is weight in it. Obviously I need to deal with the rims still.. CIP1 sent me two right hand tail light seals, so it took a while to get the other left side. They eventually got it to me (after accidentally sending another... [read more]


Plug Bug: Luggage panel replaced

Note: this post is out of order; I did this quite a while ago, but our internet (Surfnet Wifi) has been down at home. The rear luggage floor, behind the rear seat, was rotten with rust. I didn’t want to replace the entire panel ($200) as I figured it would be a pain to spot weld it in. I thought it would be easier to just weld in a new piece of sheet steel, and save some money. I also had plans of widening the rear area about 2″ to fit in more batteries. It turns out I couldn’t do... [read more]


Plug Bug: Two tone bug

I finally pulled some pictures of the final painting of the car. No front picture yet, as I haven’t put on the hood (I bought the wrong seal). I’m quite happy with the result. Metallic silver on top, and metallic red on bottom. Before clear coating: The hood and engine deck lid being clear coated: Front shot: Final clear coat shot of the side with the fenders on: The side is *slightly* darker than the fenders, but it is really hard to notice. That is because I put more coats on the side to get rid of some striping I... [read more]


Plug Bug: Red Paint

I basically have two jobs right now; working at Apple by day, and being a car painter at night and on the weekends. I’ve been working really hard to get the primer all sanded smooth and just perfect for painting the color. I tried to do some “block sanding” (good idea, Mark!) by getting some foam sanding blocks and using those to hold 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper on and wet sanding till it was perfect. I think it helped, and I’m glad I did it, as it also let me get rid of some orange peel left by the primer.... [read more]



(c) 2008-2017 Corbin Dunn

Corbin's Treehouse is powered by WordPress. Made on a Mac.

Subscribe to RSS feeds for entries and comments.

36 queries. 0.402 seconds.