Plug Bug: Two tone bug

Electric Bug

I finally pulled some pictures of the final painting of the car. No front picture yet, as I haven’t put on the hood (I bought the wrong seal). I’m quite happy with the result. Metallic silver on top, and metallic red on bottom.

IMG_8994

Before clear coating:

IMG_8975

The hood and engine deck lid being clear coated:

IMG_8976

Front shot:

IMG_8980

Final clear coat shot of the side with the fenders on:

IMG_8988

The side is *slightly* darker than the fenders, but it is really hard to notice. That is because I put more coats on the side to get rid of some striping I got from the metallic paint. Overall, I’m quite happy with my first ever paint job.

I ordered a new interior set; black carpet, black seats, and a gray headliner.

Previous Post
no_thumbnail
Plug Bug: Red Paint
Next Post
no_thumbnail
Plug Bug: Luggage panel replaced

3
Leave a Reply

avatar
500
3 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
3 Comment authors
PeteAndymonTravis Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
Notify of
Travis
Guest
Travis

Looks great!

Andymon
Guest
Andymon

Absolutely awesome.

Pete
Guest

The beetle is looking awesome! This is such a cool project Corbin, I’m enjoying following it, thanks.

(c) 2008-2019 Corbin Dunn

Privacy Policy

Subscribe to RSS feeds for entries.

91 queries. 0.784 seconds.

Log in