Corbin Dunn
Redwood Monkey

Bathroom remodel: Shower tile

Project Hutchinson

I’ve been rather slow to update my blog. It is mainly for myself to remember what I did. After I finished the shower pan, I painted this red waterproofing membrane on the areas that might be exposed to leaking; in particular, it was required for the two niches I made, and also the window sill. I had extra, so I painted it around:

IMG_0254.jpg

After that was done, I started tiling the wall! This was my first tile job *ever* and it wasn’t easy getting the hang of it. My neighbor Mark loaned me his tile saw, which helped greatly in cutting the tiles. Here I used tape and wood to hold up the first few tiles. I worked from the center out, to ensure everything was centered the way I wanted it:

IMG_0256.JPG

IMG_0257.jpg

Fast forward a bunch of tile cutting for days and days (and not many pictures) and I ended up with this:

IMG_0316.JPG

Shower tile!

Previous in Project Hutchinson
Bathroom remodel: stain/finished
Next in Project Hutchinson
Bathroom almost done!

Leave a Reply

avatar
500
  Subscribe  
Notify of

(c) 2008-2018 Corbin Dunn

Privacy Policy

Subscribe to RSS feeds for entries.

64 queries. 0.385 seconds.

Log in