Plug Bug: Seats Upholstered

Electric Bug

Not much to say, but I got a bunch of the rust off of the seats, fixed some broken parts, painted them and then put them back together with new foam. I got new seat covers and foam from JBugs.com and they look pretty nice. The foam for the seat backs is sort of awkward, and I may eventually try to redo it with some additional foam. I actually got some more foam and played around with it a bit, but I wasn’t quite happy with the results and just left it as-is.

Seat back with burlap on:

IMG_9988.jpg

Rear seat bottom:

IMG_9993.jpg

Foam was then put on top; I used the foam from Jbugs, and followed what their video said (great video!)

After covered:

IMG_0008.jpg

Front seat:

IMG_0018.jpg

The problem with the front seat is the back rest part feels “airy” and not quite as full as it should feel. You can also see how the foam rests based on the backrest shape.

Previous Post
no_thumbnail
Kika the Bengal Kitten
Next Post
no_thumbnail
Plug Bug: Wheel and Rim

Leave a Reply

avatar
500
  Subscribe  
Notify of

(c) 2008-2019 Corbin Dunn

Privacy Policy

Subscribe to RSS feeds for entries.

78 queries. 0.212 seconds.

Log in