Project Hutchinson: More progress comes along..

DIY Home Remodeling, General

Well! Here’s more work.
Louise painted the side of the fireplace red. I made some side wood panels to make it look nice:
Img 5008

The edge is going to be covered up with a wood corner:
Img 5058

At the same time, I made another piece to cover the top of the vent box I had made:

Img 5017

it is really starting to look nice!

I sanded the top beam a TON, stained it, and put three coats of interior varnish on it. It looks 100% better:

Img 5013

In the background of the above picture you can see where i started sanding off the watermarks on the side of the roof. I sanded the entire interior roof on one side. It took a long time, but it looks a lot better without the watermarks and fresh oil. I finished that tonight, putting on a coat of Wacto Danish oil to seal it.

Here’s a close up of the window sills I made:

Img 5060

I also installed some mount points for loiuse’s silk (which we don’t have yet):

Img 5010

She painted the back laundry room green:

Img 5019

The window in that room isn’t done:

Img 5021

I sanded, stained, and varnished (3 coats) a bunch of outlet/light covers:
Img 5063

They look good installed:

Img 5048

I also removed a “piece of glass” that was trying to pass as a window and installed a real double pane window next to the rear sliding glass doors:

Img 5069

Img 5068

Well, that’s it for this update! More coming soon. We may be getting floors within the next few weeks! Yess!

Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Subscribe to new posts:

You'll get an email whenever a I publish a new post to my blog and nothing more. -- Corbin

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

(c) 2008-2024 Corbin Dunn

Privacy Policy

Subscribe to RSS feeds for entries.

65 queries. 0.426 seconds.

Log in