Corbin Dunn
Redwood Monkey

Bathroom remodel: drawers finished

Project Hutchinson

I finished my drawers; sprayed 4 coats of Target Coatings Water based lacquer on them. (EmTech 6000). It took a whole gallon to do them all..and ran out right at the end.

These are mainly notes for myself, as I wish I had made notes when I did my last set of drawers. I would first spray the bottoms on edge, like below:

IMG_9664.JPG

Then drop them into the normal position after they dried and do the rest. I put on two coats, then sanded with 220 to get any bumps off. The bottoms of the smaller drawers got a little too thick on the bottom side…and it is slightly more yellow than I wanted, but still good enough. Four coats seems adequate; more would have too much buildup.

IMG_9668.JPG

My Mini-mate HVLP pump/compressor.

IMG_9669.JPG

Previous Post
Bathroom remodel: moving the water ins and outs
Next Post
Bathroom electrical

Leave a Reply

avatar
500
  Subscribe  
Notify of

(c) 2008-2018 Corbin Dunn

Privacy Policy

Subscribe to RSS feeds for entries.

66 queries. 0.390 seconds.

Log in